WE CARE ABOUT PRIVACY
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect Personal Information including name, email address, postal address, phone number, profile picture, social media ID, and similar contact information and credit card or other payment information. If you choose to provide your payment or credit card information to Catholic Charities, we will use that information solely for the purposes for which it was provided. If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Catholic Charities may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- We may collect Personal Information you provide to us over the phone, in email, through a face-to-face conversation, or through online and offline forms such as e-newsletters, surveys, donation forms, and event registration/participation and volunteering forms.
- We may use third-party postal address, phone number, and email address products to provide accurate and updated contact information.
- We may collect information from social media platforms used by you or people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. We may also collect information from or about you from other online and offline sources, in addition to your use of the Services or when you communicate with us.
We may collect information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
HOW CATHOLIC CHARITIES USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri may use Personal Information to:
- Send you information regarding CCSOMO, our programs and services, and activities.
- Process and respond to inquiries and comments, and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to process donations, register or renew you as a donor, or receive information about a project, special event, or service.
- Conduct surveys to measure your satisfaction with aspects of Catholic Charities activities.
- Analyze data, usage trend identification, promotional campaign development, audit, new service development, Services’ enhancement, or interaction improvement.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Services and CCSOMO, such as by protecting against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
The CCSOMO website does not collect or store credit card numbers – those are processed through a third party vendor, Authorize.net, a trusted third-party payment platform and an industry leader in processing online donations. Its privacy policies can be reviewed at https://www.authorize.net. Information from our on-line giving site is encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer (SSL), an industry standard secure technology to protect sensitive information online. SSL encryption is indicated on the donor’s web browser by the display of a lock or key on the browser status bar. You should not transmit confidential or sensitive credit card information to us directly using e-mail.
If there is an error in the processing of a donation online, we will refund the donation amount upon notice of the error if notice is made within 30 days of the date of the donation. Write to us at CCSOMO – Main Office 424 E. Monastery St., Springfield, MO, 65807, or call 417.720.4213.
HOW CATHOLIC CHARITIES MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
CCSOMO will not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses of donors or those using the Services with any other organization.
Donors will not be publicly identified unless they have authorized the release of their name.
CCSOMO stores addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and other information received from donors in our development software system, Raiser’s Edge, a state of the art database management system. To protect the privacy of donor records, only authorized staff has access to this database, and all information is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- By you: If you post information or materials on our social media platforms and other services
- Pursuant to Legal Requirements: For disclosure purposes as necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- To Protect Our Website and Users: We will disclose your information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of CCSOMO, our employees, our website users or others; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Marketing Email Opt Out: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving marketing-related emails by following the opt-out procedure at the bottom of our emails. Please allow 10 business days for us to respond to your request.
- Mailing List: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving mail from us by calling us at 417.720.4213 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for your address to be removed from any mailings that are currently underway.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
Catholic Charities uses appropriate and reasonable organizational, electronic, physical, administrative, and technical measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure. We take these and other appropriate precautions to help ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information; however, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the Services or engagement with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us as described in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
This Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Catholic Charities knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we request that they do not submit any Personal Information through the Services.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites, applications, or similar technology that are not associated with or over which CCSOMO has no control. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy statements of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices or content of these other websites and/or applications.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
QUESTIONS / CONTACT INFORMATION