Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri is a leading provider of home repair and rebuilding services.
With the help of volunteer labor who help us leverage our other funding, we repair and rebuild homes damaged or destroyed by natural disasters, and we make needed home repairs for low income-income families, seniors, and the developmentally disabled.
On August 6, 2020, CCSOMO was awarded by the Community Foundation of the Ozarks with a Rural Vitality Grant funding rural home repairs in Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Dunklin, Howell, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Ripley, Scott and Shannon counties. Please call our Cape Girardeau office to learn more at 573. 335.0905.
Home Repair & Rebuilding from Natural Disasters
Because many survivors of natural disasters do not have adequate insurance or personal funds to restore their homes, survivors often live in unsafe conditions. Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri began its Rebuilding Homes, Rebuilding Lives program in the wake of the Joplin tornado and has since then worked with thousands of volunteers to repair and rebuild the homes of survivors in the Joplin area and in south central and southeastern Missouri.
Currently, home repair and rebuilding for survivors of natural disasters is offered from our Joplin, Sikeston and Van Buren offices.
Home Repairs for Seniors Living in Cape Girardeau County
The goal of our Home Repair Services Program is to assist low to moderate-income seniors obtain needed repairs of their homes.
- Must be a homeowner living in Cape Girardeau County
- Must be 60 years of age or older
- Must have yearly household income that is 80% or less of the Average Median Income for Cape Girardeau County ($29,900 for one person; $34,200 for two people)
- Repair / Replacement of major systems
- Code violations
- Emergency repairs
- Tree surgery or removal (if integrity of structure of home is threatened)
Costs for any one project are limited to $2,000.00. This program utilizes volunteers in addition to professional labor to keep costs down and enable more services to be offered.
For more information or to apply, please call 573.335.0134.
This program is partially funded through Senior Citizens Services Fund.
Home Repairs for Low-Income Residents of Certain Southeastern Counties
This program offers home repairs for low-income residents of Butler, Dunklin, Jasper, Mississippi, New Madrid, Newton, Ripley and Scott Counties.
- Must be a homeowner living in one of the above counties
- Must have yearly household income at or below 50% of the area Median Income for the geographic area adjusted for family size (will vary dependent on county of residence)
- Repair/Replacement of Major Systems
- Code Violations
- Emergency Repairs
For more information or to apply, please call 573.481.0659.
Partial funding for this program provided by Missouri Housing Trust Funds.