We Listen. We Help. We Care. Healthy Moms/Healthy Babies is a compassionate program that offers pregnancy and parenting support to anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy and residing within the counties served.*
What We Do
This Healthy Moms - Healthy Babies is a compassionate program designed to assist women facing an unplanned pregnancy who have chosen to carry their child to term in the counties served.*
Services are available during pregnancy and for one year following the birth of their child.
Our services are provided free of charge and are strictly confidential.
Goals of the program
Healthy, full-term babies being cared for in a loving nurturing home environment is our ultimate goal. The goals of this program are to:
- Reduce abortions and improve pregnancy outcomes by helping women practice sound health-related behaviors
- Improve child health and development
- Improve families’ economic self-sufficiency
Our Services Include:
- Personalized attention with home visits
- Prenatal and postnatal education
- Maternity and baby items
- Parenting and life skills training
- Health and nutrition information
- Referrals to medical and community resources
- On-going support and education during baby’s first year
- Other services dependent on specific needs
* The Healthy Moms/Healthy Babies program is offered from our Sikeston and Van Buren offices and is available to individuals residing in the following counties: Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Douglas, Dunklin, Iron, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Reynolds, Ripley, Scott, Shannon, Stoddard, Texas, Wayne and Wright. For more information, call 573.481.0659.