Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri is helping Missouri renters with applications for rental and utilities assistance through Missouri's State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR) program.
- SAFHR for Renters pays up to 12 months of rental arrears beginning April 2020
- SAFHR for Renters also pays up to 3 months of forward rent.
- SAFHR for Renters also pays for utilities.
- Applicants must be a Missouri resident and renter, or be applying for a previous Missouri rental address.
- At least one member of the household must have been impacted by COVID.
- The household must have earned less than 80 percent of the Average Median Income (AMI), which is determined on a county by county basis.
Interested persons can find more details about eligibility at the Missouri Housing Development Commission (MHDC) website, which can be visited by clicking this link.
SAFHR for Renters Brochure - English
SAFHR for Renters Brochure - Spanish
GET HELP APPLYING FROM CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF SOUTHERN MISSOURI
Please call your local CCSOMO office to schedule an appointment for help completing the SAFHR for Renters online application.
Cape Girardeau - 573.335.0905
Joplin - 417.624.3790
Sikeston - 573.481.0659
Springfield - 417.268.9998
Van Buren - 573.323.4044
GET HELP APPLYING FROM CONSUMER CREDIT COUNSELING SERVICE OF THE OZARKS
Interested persons can also schedule an appointment with wholly-owned subsidiary Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the Ozarks (CCCS). CCC is contracted along with CCSOMO and 14 other Missouri agencies, as of July 23, 2021, to assist Missouri renters with their SAFHR for Renters application.
Joplin - 417.782.6830
Springfield - 417.889.7474